Who Is Byte Syze?

My photo
Los Angeles, CA, United States

Friday, March 11, 2011

Compatibility Testing...

February 1, 2011...

...the day has come for me to take my Compatibility Test (this is where they test your blood for tissue type match, blood type compatibility and cross match results).

A couple days before my test I had a dream that everything went the way it was supposed to and that the surgery happened. That's when I was even more certain that things were gonna go well. I prayed, let go and let GOD. There's no turning back now.

My friend Caroline went with me to UCLA to get my blood work done. Did I mention I HATE needles? Things went well and they took 6 tubes of blood. I thought I was going to faint. My arm was black and blue for about 4 days.

The results would be back in a couple of weeks.

I went to San Diego for the weekend and when I returned home on Valentine's Day I received a letter from UCLA.

THE RESULTS ARE IN!!!

This is what the letter said:
We have completed the compatibility testing for you and your recipient. The testing determines three levels of compatibility: tissue typing, blood typing, and crossmatching. The results of your compatibility testing are as follows:

Your tissue typing match to the recipient is 2 out of six antigens.

Your blood type is A+, which means  your blood type is compatible to your recipient's blood type.

The cross match results indicate your recipient would be able to accept a kidney from you.

Please share your results with your recipient. If you would like to proceed with donor testing please call.

As soon as I read that I immediately called Spencer, Kim, Tanisha, Eric and a few other people. I JUST RECEIVED A VALENTINE'S DAY GIFT I WILL NEVER FORGET!!!

I called UCLA the next day and the next step is my medical workup. The nurse advised that based on my current BMI I would have to lose approximately 35 lbs to get under 30 BMI. So I would be starting with my weight loss goal as soon as I returned from Arizona. 

No comments:

Post a Comment